Use Auslogics Free To Defragment And Optimize Fragmented Files | Faster 7 Part 31
- March 30, 2011
- Posted by: Craig Chamberlin
- Category: Uncategorized
Fragmented system files are the primary culprit with computer hard drive disk slowdown. For those who are unaware, fragmentation occurs when programs are placed at different locations, or “sectors”, of the hard drive during writing. Hard drives are designed to write this way to conserve disk space.
Auslogics Disk Defragmentation Utility is the most reliable, user friendly and efficient method for defragmenting a hard drive. Best of all, the Auslogics utility is completely free for personal use.
How To Use Auslogics Free To Defragment And Optimize Fragmented Files:
1. Download and install Auslogics from the following link: http://pcmichiana.com/download-auslogics-freeware-hard-disk-defragmentation-utility/
2. Once installed, select the Windows ‘Start’ button.
3. Type ‘auslogics’.
4. Select the ‘Auslogics Disk Defrag’ program from the list.
5. If this is your first time running it, select the dropdown next to ‘Defrag’.
6. Select ‘Defrag & Optimize’.
7. Let Auslogics complete the defragmentation, then restart the computer.
8. That’s it!
When someone deletes a file from their hard drive it typically doesn’t really delete it. The hard drive indexer sets those sections of the hard drive to writable, the next time a piece of software is installed, or a file is copied, it writes over the top of “deleted” files. When a file larger than the deleted ‘sections’ is written, the hard drive is forced to write only a fraction of the file to that space and place the rest of it at other locations, thus “fragmenting” the file.