Should I Install More Than One Antivirus on Windows XP?
- August 27, 2009
- Posted by: Craig Chamberlin
- Category: Uncategorized
Today we cover a question asked in one of the comments and is frequently asked by PC users. Anti-viruses, if used improperly, can not only bog down your system, but cause portions of it to cease to work. Today we cover why it is not a good idea to install multiple mainstream antiviruses on your computer, but at the same time, see what types antiviruses we can use with the mainstream and why. Enjoy!
Important Points to Take From This Lesson
- The answer is yes and no.
- Multiple mainstream antiviruses should not be installed
- Mainstream antiviruses use real time scanners
- The only other recommended scanners are “sniper scanners” / “rootkit removal scanners”
- Snipers remove targeted threats that some mainstream anviruses cannot remove.
- Snipers do not run a real time scanner, so they can be ran while another antivirus is installed