How To Optimize Windows 8 Startup
- March 24, 2019
- Posted by: Craig Chamberlin
- Category: Microsoft Windows
This article aims to teach a user How To Optimize Windows 8 Startup using Glary Utilities Free Edition. Optimizing Windows 8 operating system startup to improves overall Windows 8 startup and boot times. It will show how to remove unessential startup items using the free Glary Utilities software package.
While Windows 8 is overall a great performing operating system, there are still some great tricks you can do to improve its performance. Many people do not realize that every time they install a new software package they sometimes add themselves to the startup.
As a general recommendation I am not a huge fan of starting any applications on startup. Startup is really only for applications and software packages you intend to use each and every time you use your computer. If you only using a software packaging sparingly, it’s best to remove it from startup and let Windows load it when you go to use it.
Some examples of software packages I consider essential would include:
- Steam, Origin or UPlay: If you’re a gamer, you’ll want it to boot every time you turn on your computer so your games are ready to launch.
- Antivirus / Antimalware Programs: These are generally running real time scanners, so you’ll want them loaded immediately on startup
- Software License and Update Management Utilities such as Creative Cloud: These applications perform automatic updates of your frequently used applications. Not to mention they are license management software packages so failing to launch them on startup can cause headaches when you launch your software.
- Remote Desktop Applications such as Parsec or Chrome Remote Desktop: Remote desktop applications are excellent software packages for accessing your PC remotely. If you fail to launch these on startup there is a good chance you’ll forget to launch it before you leave and won’t have remote access when you need it.
Remember, the most important software applications are really dependent on you. If you are someone who really only uses one application all the time perhaps adding that particular application to your startup will help improve your experience.
Glary Utilities Free Edition is the software package we will be using when learning How To Optimize Windows 8 Startup. This software is great because it gives ratings to your startup items to help you gauge what is critical for system startup.
If this video is confusing or causes frustration then I encourage you to read the step by step instructions I have listed below.
The following are step by step instructions. These instructions aim to help eliminate the need to watch the above video. If you run into issues when following these instructions then I strongly recommend viewing the video above.
- Download Glary Utilities From The System Maintenance & Tuning Section On My Free Downloads Page
- Launch The Installer.
- If Prompted, Click Ok.
- Follow The Prompts, Then Read And Accept The End User License Agreement.
- If It Does Not Do So Automatically, Launch Glary Utilities.
- Select The Modules Tab.
- Click The Startup Manager.
- Uncheck Any Items That Have A Significant Amount Of Red In The Ratings Section
- If The Rating Section Is Empty, Expand The Path Section So You Can Read The File Executed On Startup.
- Open A New Tab In Your Favorite Internet Browser
- Go To http://www.google.com And Type The Executable File Name Into The Search Bar.
- Read The First Couple Of Results To Determine If You Should Keep The Item In Your Startup Or Not.
- If You Don’t Need The Item On Startup, Uncheck The Box Next To The Process Name In Glary Utilities.
The Windows 8 Performance Boosting Bootcamp Includes How To Optimize Windows 8 Startup
Learning How To Optimize Windows 8 Startup is part of my Windows 8 Performance Boosting Bootcamp. If you haven’t done so, I encourage Windows 8 users to enroll in the Windows 8 Performance Boosting Bootcamp.
At this moment, all courses are on discount for a limited time. The Windows 8 Performance Boosting Bootcamp course will coach you through many essential features of the Windows 8 operating system.
Join the Windows 8 Performance Boosting Bootcamp right now to take advantage of coupon code BLOGREADER because this coupon will get you 50% off the advertise price.
All students receive lifetime access for one small price. Students can come back any time to watch the course. Join the Windows 8 Performance Boosting Bootcamp right now to take advantage of coupon code BLOGREADER because this coupon will get you 50% off the advertise price.
This coupon code will get you the best possible deal and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any issues during registration.