How To Install Windows XP Avira Antivirus Free – Faster XP 2012 – Ep. 5
- September 24, 2012
- Posted by: Craig Chamberlin
- Category: Uncategorized
There are a handful of popular freeware antivirus software packages available in the market today. Antivirus development companies are constantly researching and developing new methods for detecting and removing viruses from computers. In order to collect the data necessary to do this, many of them give their software package to consumers free of charge.
With certain products and services, ‘You get what you pay for’ used to be the only way to establish whether the item has real value to it. This simply is not the case when it comes to antivirus packages. Of course, paid for packages will always offer the best protection, but standard protection is adequate for the majority of casual users.
Many of the popular free antiviruses in the market today include, but are not limited too: Avast! Free Antivirus, Avira AntiVir Antivirus Free Edition, AVG Free Edition, Comodo Free Antivirus and Microsoft Security Essentials. Of all these, I have selected Avira AntiVir for the Faster XP 2012 series because it rates the best through www.av-comparatives.org free antiviruses for detection rates and performance.
Installing a free high performing, good detection rate antivirus is essential in the system optimization process. Using www.av-comparatives.org, I established the best choice at the making of this series is Avira AntiVir Antivirus Free Edition.
About This Episode:
In this video, I cover how to install and configure the Avira AntiVir Antivirus Free Edition software.
How To Install Windows XP Avira Antivirus Free:
1. Download the latest version of the ‘Avira AntiVir Antivirus Free Edition’.
2. Open the ‘File’ and click ‘Run’.
3. Choose ‘Express’ as the installation type, accept the ‘Licensing Agreement’ and click ‘Next’.
4. Do not (unless you want it) accept the ‘Ask.com Toolbar’ licensing agreement, simply click ‘Next’.
5. After installation, allow Avira AntiVir to complete the ‘Definitions Update’.
6. After the definition update, allow Avira AntiVir to perform the ‘First Time Scan’.
7. When complete, ‘Close’ and ‘End’ the scan.
8. Open the ‘Avira AntiVir Control Center’.
9. Choose the ‘Scheduler’ option on the left menu.
10. Edit the ‘Daily Scan’ to best fit your schedule.
Avira AntiVir is one of the best freeware antiviruses available in the market today, but it is important to remember to check back to www.av-comparatives.org every few months to see how the competition is evolving.
Next Faster XP 2012 Episode:
Next Episode Link Broken?