How To Disable the Computer Browser Service in Windows (2020)
- February 13, 2020
- Posted by: Craig Chamberlin
- Category: Microsoft Windows
Want to learn How To Disable the Computer Browser Service in Windows (2020)? This video covers the pros and cons of doing so. This is a non-essential service for most of you but chews up processing power and RAM. Before we disable it, I will teach you a little bit about what it is and why it is likely not useful to you.
We are continuing in our short speedup tips by disabling the computer browser service running in the background of Windows XP / Vista / 7.
- Do not disable this service if you are at a work station computer, contact your administrator
- The computer browser service is designed to aid communications with pre-windows 2000 computers on a network.
- Disabling this service will not affect your normal browsing or internet behavior.
- If you are on a home network that uses a domain (extremely unlikely) you will not want to disable this service.
- This is one of many services that can be disabled to speed up your windows operating system.