How To Connect Cortana To Outlook And Gmail
- April 30, 2019
- Posted by: Craig Chamberlin
- Category: Microsoft Windows
Cortana is a powerful, voice activated assistant managed by Microsoft. She has come a long way, but Cortana users may be wondering how to connect Cortana to Outlook and Gmail. Unfortunately, connecting Cortana to Outlook and Gmail is not as intuitive as it might seem.
Cortana has become an extremely powerful voice assistant platform developed by Microsoft. Firstly, in a few short years she has made major improvement in voice recognition and can assist users with a wide range of needs. Secondly, if you haven’t checked it out already, I strongly encourage you to view these 10 Awesome Tricks You Can Do With Cortana for a more comprehensive list of features and functionalities Cortana has to offer.
Step By Step Instructions How To Connect Cortana To Outlook And Gmail
- Click On Your Start Menu Button
- Next, Click The Settings Cog
- Now Click On Cortana
- On The Left Hand Pane, Choose Permissions & History
- On The Right Pane, Choose Manage The Information Cortana Can Access From Other Services
- Click On Outlook.com Or Gmail
- If Prompted, Login To The Service
- Next On The Right Pane, Click Manage The Information Cortana Can Access From This Device
- Turn On Contacts, Emails, Calendars & Communication History
Congratulations, you have successfully connected Cortana to your favorite calendar service. Gmail and Outlook.com are both excellent e-mail platforms – adding Cortana functionality to the mix just makes the whole experience better. Once you’ve completed these steps you will be able to ask Cortana to schedule appointments in your calendar at any time.
Concluding How To Connect Cortana To Outlook And Gmail
Cortana, Gmail and Outlook work beautifully together because voice commands and calendars were meant to work this way. I strongly encourage all users to give Cortana a fair shot. Firstly, Cortana is fantastic at scheduling appointments, and the pop up box makes appointment revisions a snap. Secondly, most of us are just too hard on voice command systems – giving 4 to 6 weeks will allow time for you to learn.
Are there any unique calendar tricks we should try using with Cortana? Leave them in the comments below because I would love to know!
Have a wonderful day!