8 Essential Free Downloads for Windows XP, Vista or 7
- November 15, 2011
- Posted by: Craig Chamberlin
- Category: Uncategorized
This video will go over some of the most popular and essential free downloads that are compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems. Many people do not realize that most of the task oriented software that is needed for Windows are available completely free for home use. These companies offer their software as a download for free to home users so users can get used to it and recommend it to their employers. It is great promotion.
So here is the list of 8 essential free downloads for Windows XP, Vista or 7:
1. Malwarebytes’ Antimalware – This software is known as “antimalware” software. Malware is malicious software, and an antimalware software package will scan your computer for any bugs that may be floating around, and kill them on the spot. Malwarebytes is one of the best in the market, and best of all, it is completely free for personal use.
2. 7-Zip Extractor – Most computer users are forced to work with compressed ZIP files, the good news is they aren’t necessarily stuck with the original file extraction utility packaged with their Windows operating system. 7-Zip is a great, open source, alternative for those looking for one.
3. Auslogics Disk Defragmentation Software – There are tons of “hard disk” optimization utilities floating around in the market, but few of them stand out ahead of the crowd. Namely, Auslogics and Defraggler are the most popular. These free tools will defragment fragmented files on your hard drive and optimize them for improved disk performance.
4. VLC Media Player – We all have our favorite media players, but what happens when that media player has trouble playing a file? That is where VLC comes into place. VLC specializes in playing virtually any music or video file format available, removing all of the headaches associated with downloading loads of different software tools to play your media.
5. FoxIt PDF Reader – Ever wondered why the founders of the PDF file have so much trouble opening their own file format? I sure have. Well there is no more need to get headaches from the Adobe Reader software. Just download the free FoxIt PDF Reader software package, not only does it load PDFs extremely fast, it is much smaller in file size and has less bells and whistles to boot.
6. PDFCreator – PDF files have become the standard when dealing with any document communications between multiple parties. Most computers do not come pre-packaged with a PDF creation tool, and some people are actually going out and purchasing one. PDFCreator is a free, open source, alternative to purchasing high priced PDF creation software packages – and it can be used for commercial use.
7. CCleaner – Probably one of the most popular and well known free download packages. CCleaner has made a name for itself in quickly being able to scan through an entire computer and remove all of the unnecessary junk and clutter. This typically results in better browser and computer performance, not to mention more disk space, and given the hard drive shortage these days – we will take whatever we can get!
8. Google Chrome – Web browsers used to make no difference in overall performance, mostly because people really didn’t notice the difference. However, since the browser wars between Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, we have seen vast improvements in overall internet performance based solely on installing an efficient web browser. Google Chrome is one of the fastest out there, and definitely worth picking up and installing on any computer. Did I mention it is also more secure?
That’s it! Don’t forget to swing by the Free Downloads page of the website, there are a bunch of other downloads not mentioned in this video that you might be interested in. I love free stuff! I can’t help it…